Twist and Lace Scarf designed by Brenda Patipa.
It's lovely isn't it? I love everything about it. I love the yarn - Poshyarns Sophia 2ply lace weight. I loved the actual knitting of it and I love the pattern. It is gorgeous to wear - so soft and floaty.
A different story with this one however. As yet it's unblocked, but the pattern instructions only suggest very light blocking and I haven't worked out how to block its cylindrical shape. The crumpled part at the top is the part that goes over your head.
It's Lily of the Valley Smoke Ring designed by Susan Lawrence. I used 3.75mm Addi Lace and Mushroom Jaggerspun Zephyr that was a present from Laura after I'd test knit her South Seas stole. Thank you Laura - I love the colour, it's perfect.
So I love the yarn, I love the colour and I love the actual pattern stitches (although with nupps on almost every alternate row it wasn't fast). My problems start when I try to wear it. I just can't make it look good on - well on me but even on my model. Look
and (don't laugh)
You see what I mean? So I don't know whether to undo it all and make a scarf using the same stitch pattern or sew the ends in, block it somehow and - well, what then? I'm not at all sure how to wear this sort of scarf thingy. And I've got a sneaking suspicion that the cast on edge -the edge that frames your face- is a bit too tight. There were no hints in the pattern to suggest this would be better looser and I just did my usual cast on but I definitely feel it would be better looser. And is it difficult to undo the cast on edge while still keeping stitches above to cast off from?
In fact I seem to be having a spate of poor project decisions. I almost finished the first of a pair of Cat Bordhi's socks - the ones that have a cat design round the ankles. But after a couple of days on and off working I realised it was looking nothing like cats - some sort of weird monster creatures, not at all what you'd want on your feet. So another frogged. Before any sort of photo...
Hopefully this next one will stand more success of being finished.
This is Marguerite from Louisa Harding's Design Collection book and I've knitted it twice before, so I know which size to make and what adjustments to make so I should be on safe enough ground here.
The yarn is Louisa Harding's Kimono Angora Pure - 70% Angora/25% Wool/5% Nylon. I've not used this before but it's knitting nicely and not shedding too many fibres.
It should be a relaxing knit to do in odd moments over Christmas time.