30/03/2009

Ishbel

This is my Ishbel by Ysolda Teague knitted in Poshyarn Claudia 4ply alpaca, colour February sock club on 4mm needles.

P1030067p

I worked the same little ksh frilly edging that I used in my Wool Peddler Shawls at the end of the shawl instead of the final pattern repeat. This time I used one strand of two different colours, Meadow (581) and Majestic (589).


P1030082p

P1030081p

It's really soft and floaty and light but warm at the same time. I was so pleased with it once it was all finished and blocked (60" x 24") that I quite forgot my initial misgivings...

It was my first installment of the Posh sock club and I was slightly disappointed in that I'd already used the Claudia yarn a few weeks ago to make Audrey's socks and found it quite splitty. In fact it wasn't the neatest sock I'd made and in retrospect I think I should have used a needle smaller than my usual size of 2.5mm...
I had two attempts at more socks with my new yarn but frogged each time before finally settling on Ishbel and I'm glad I did. The colour is very subtle and this pattern seems suited by it.

And now the next edition of the sock club is almost due - although it will arrive while we're in France for Easter so I shall have to wait until we get back and that won't be until well into April.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Very cute, i love the soft fluffy edging.

Arianwen said...

That is lovely! I am tempted by this shawl as it seems a good size to wear on a regular basis.

Anna said...

It's a gorgeous shawl. So delicately finished.

Kai said...

It's gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! It has such a nice spring-like feel.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work.

dreamcatcher said...

Lovely shawl! I'm about to cast on for the laceweight version in bright red Posh Eva :-) I do love the little ruffled edge you added, in fact I'm considering doing a ruffle (though not KSH) on a simple little shawl I'm knitting at the moment.

Probably Jane said...

Beautiful. I'm planning to make a laceweight version for myself as a kick start to a more complax lace project that is currently foundering.

It just looks so wearable!

Joy said...

That's lovely Kathryn.

For some reson I am struggling with Ishbel. Row 5 to be precise, although I suspect row 3 to be the culprit!

Jean said...

I love your showing the shawl in different settings - quite creative. The Shawl does look like it would float on a breeze, what Beautiful colors.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Ishbel is lovely.Hugs Darcy