20/09/2015

Catch Up Summer 2015


"I am the daughter of earth and  water, And the nursling of the sky;  I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores;  I change, but I cannot die."This is from The Cloud by Shelley and is quoted by Deborah Harkness in the excellent third part of her  All Souls trilogy.  And has been in my mind ever since.  And despite being not so keen at the beginning,   how glad I am that I read it to the end. In fact,  I couldn't put it down!

I am currently reading and  very much enjoying In fact not very much at all.  Enough said.   Hmm, not sure that that makes very much sense.

But I am enjoying the BBC  production  Doctor Foster, a six part weekly



I like the  main characrpter and loved her delivery of

                                    "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned

                                     Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned." - fromWilliam Congreve's The Mourning Bride.



Knitting and crochet and all things crafty have not stopped but have taken a back seat during the past 18months since Michael's diagnosis of  prostate cancer and instead of crafting wehave enjoyed time walking in our  little bits of woodland.



Although I have managed to finish a stripy crochet blanket!



And this year we spent 8 weeks in France with lots of our family coming to stay.





And a very special week in the middle of our French holiday, on a gulet sailing round the little bays and islands off the  Turkish coast.  We had such a lovely time.  Blue sky, sun, warm sea delicious Turkish style food air conditioned cabins....all perfect. We want to go again!

This was our boat! It slept 12 plus the crew and as there were only 7 of us we had plenty of room.

















No comments: