31/03/2006

New projects for holiday in France

I've not got any clothes packed yet for our holiday in France and we're leaving this afternoon to spend tonight with Kate in London and then on to France in the morning.

But I have got my holiday knitting packed.

Clockwise from top left:

Nicole - a lovely little strappy top from Rowan 39 done in 4ply cotton for my nieces birthday in July

Vanessa from Rowan Classic Art except I'm not going to have the very deep rib (6") which is very tummy revealing and I don't need that. Also I'm planning to make it a tie/wrap cardi which for me will be more comfortable to wear.

The lovely Sursa shawl done in Noro Silk Garden in the shade in the pattern. The only snag is I can't get the Cash Iroha that is used for the border so I shall have to wait until the body is finished and then find something that will look ok.

Sundae - a little beaded camisole top from Classic Holiday in RYC Cashsoft 4ply for my youngest daughter.

I'm taking other smaller things to pick up and put down like a Booga Bag in kureyon shade 52; this will be a first for me as I've never done any felting and I'm going to try my hand at the sock knitting that seems so popular now.

I don't think I shall get them all done especially as there are lots of things to do outside where we're going - I'll be posting pictures of our outside projects next week.
And not to mention the children and grandchildren who will be holidaying with us.






No comments: