30/08/2006

Colinette Lasso Crocheted Skirt

Here it is!



I used 10 hanks of Colinette Lasso shade Banwy 137 and 3.5mm hook

I'm really pleased with this. Its got lovely drape and is very swishy to wear.

On the other hand I think it's going to stretch with wear because it's very heavy but it is easy enough to undo a row or so of crochet at the bottom when it's needed.

The yarn was not so easy to use because it snagged very easily on rougher parts of my hands and in fact now its finished it catches on less smooth bits of furniture like some of the rush seats and picks up bits of straw, sticks and cobwebs from the floor because its already very long. After the first time I wore it I seemed to have half the forest attached to the bottom!!!

Minor complaints though....I think this is going to be one of my favourite skirts.

1 comment:

Badger said...

Kathryn, that is absolutely beautiful! I wish I could crochet (and that I was thin enough and tall enough to wear a skirt like that too!)

You must be really pleased, it's a total stunner of a skirt :)