26/04/2007

Glade's Progress

Here is the beginning of my edging for Glade.


Isn't it beautiful?

When I've finished the third pattern repeat it will be long enough to fit along the bottom of one sleeve and it will have used approximately 2 1/2 balls of yarn. Assuming the remaining edging uses yarn at the same rate I shall need ten or eleven balls - just for the edging! And as I've already used 7 balls for the body that makes a total of 17 balls for the whole garment. The pattern gives 14 balls so something is going badly wrong somewhere.

I've phoned Rowan and am waiting for a phone back reply. I know I'm not alone with this problem - have a look here at Damn, Knit & Blast It .

I've searched through blogland and not found any other mention of Glade - problems or not, so I can only assume we're the only two bloggers knitting Glade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is going to be so amazingly beautiful! I sure hope that things work out now that you're using larger needles for it - fingers crossed, as this is certainly going to be a masterpiece of knitting!

gilraen said...

I'm so in love with this! I cannot keep away from your progress pics. Exquisite. :)