02/11/2007

Bits and Pieces

The model isn't perfect for this scarf ...

It's the first of my man-presents.



Rows of triple crochet crocheted on a 4.5mm hook, the pale grey yarn is just called "Ecological Wool" from Uppingham Yarns and the lime and dark grey are Drops Alpaca from Scandinavian Knitting Designs, both used double. And yes, the lime does look yellow in the photo. I've been having so much trouble getting colours to display correctly, in fact both my camera and I are having a complete colour crisis. I don't know what's the matter with my camera but my problem is I that I don't have the right wool......

These colours are slightly more accurate

But the palish greeny colour has gone now.

It is subtle but not invisible for goodness sake. Perhaps it's the hairy nature of the Alpaca thats making it difficult to photo.

This is the first of a pair of fingerless gloves - "Little Gem Mitts" from Interweave Knits Holiday 2007. I've used the Drops Alpaca again for the main fawn colour and oddments of sock yarn for the rest on 3mm needles. I think the two gloves will need less than 50gms. I'd forgotten how fiddley colour work is and when the last stitch is cast off there are so many ends left to sew in before its finished.

I've finished two pairs of socks as well but I'm not happy with their photos so I'll try again in the morning....honestly, photography and general messing with the pc has taken *hours* this week

6 comments:

Piglottie said...

I'm having problems too and think its due to the bad light during the season. In fact, I was in the middle of ironing when the sun came out for a brief visit and I frantically got my knitting photographed.

The scarf is lovely, and I adore the Little Gem Mitts.

KnitYoga said...

Love the colour combo in the scarf and green is notorious for not photographing well though, in my case, I've actually not worked out whether it's to do with my camera or my monitor! Love those IK Holiday fingerless mitts. I'd like to knit them but nearly always avoid lots of ends to sew in afterwards. Bravo to you!

Knittings Nice! said...

Hi Kathryn, thanks for dropping by my blog....loving the colourwork. Drops Alpaca is a lovely yarn to use isn't it? Will pop back again.

Anonymous said...

You're always doing such beautiful work!! Your colourwork gloves are going to be ever so gorgeous, especially with this yummy yarn that you're using! And the scarf looks so fantastic too, I love how the colours go along together!

Probably Jane said...

I love those mitts - have just got hold of that magazine myself and they were one of the first projects that spoke ti me! I'm even more keen now having seen yours.

Anonymous said...

Like your stuff! Scarf is lovely. Mitts sound too tricky for me. x