05/06/2008

Weeding and a Meme


First a picture of the sort of weeds we've got to clear....




And a quick picture of the just-beginning-to-flower Canterbury Bells growing wild in our wood - well, semi-wild as we didn't plant them although someone originally must have done.



I chose the colour of wool for the Canterbury Bells shawl from my memory of the flowers' colour and you can see that Laura was right in suggesting that "violet" was a closer match. Never mind, I'm very happy with how it turned out.



I'm not very good at these Meme sort of things but I've been tagged by Clarabelle for this"know more about you" meme. so here goes.

1) Ten years ago. It's hard to imagine life before grandchildren and before this internet knitting world. I must have been in the middle of preparations for the weddings of two of my daughters about then.

2) On my "to do" list today.....Definitely remove two more ticks from Michael's arm - I'm expert at this now. And clear enough space in some of our overgrown areas so that we can have a relatively mosquito, snake and tick free barbecue for our 14th July celebration. It's our turn to host this in five weeks time....panic stations then! Oh yes I must cast-on some "journey" knitting.

3) Snacks I enjoy - favourite of the moment (and I'm fickle this way) is marmite spread quite thickly on bread, topped with mashed avocado and chopped tasty (pref homegrown) tomatoes. I love it.

4) What would I do if I were a billionnaire? Give lots away and I would make more space around me.

5) Places I have lived....Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Northumberland.

6) Jobs....the usual waitressing type of odd jobs when I was a student, operations research analyst and private maths tutor. Burt most of my life I've been lucky enough to be able to stay at home bringing up my children. And I've always had fairly consuming - hobbies.

7) Tag - Anyone who reads this who's not already been tagged please join in. I'm not up to normal blog-reading speed yet.

5 comments:

florencemary said...

Thanks, Kathryn, for playing along! I know what you mean about it being difficult to imagine life before 'knitting on the net' (and it hasn't really been that long for me!). And life before grandchildren!

Are you still in France, with the weed-clearing? Not quite sure.

And I see you live/have lived in Staffordshire: my paternal grandmother was born in Keele (where the uni is now), when it was Keele Hall (her parents worked there).

Probably Jane said...

marmite, avocado and tomato - that's my sort of sandwich! I might add a little chilli to mine though...

Liz said...

Mmmm, that sandwich sounds divine, I am definitely going to try that!

Arianwen said...

love the sound of that sandwich! I always wondered what canterbury bells were called and now I know.Thank you.

Laura said...

Your wild canterbury bells are lovely. So what if the color doesn't match your stole. Mine's the wrong color, too. Shrug. ;-)