22/08/2009

If you've got one of these....

If you've got one of these....

P1030577p

P1030576p


then you need one of these....

P1030571p

and then this doesn't matter

P1030567

Finished Socks

P1030475

In order from left to right the socks are Fyberspates self striping - Summer Meadow, The Knittery's Merino Slim sock bought from Socktopus at I-knit day 2008, Dye Studio's Darling Sock yarn, Socks that Rock Medium weight and last Vancalcar Acres Jennifers Bamboo Ewe sock yarn, colour Sandstone from Socktopus, pattern "Bavarian Cable Socks" from Wendy Johnson's book Socks from the Toe up with a few more pictures
P1030480

I think I'm beginning to see a trend towards plain yarns with superimposed stitch patterns, not exclusively but I think it's starting.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

What a darling little one! And lovely socks!

I've got in my mind to knit 5 pair of socks for my son and his 4 travelling friends....to keep their tootsies warm during their COLD east coast winter. Plus a pair each for my brother and soon to be sister-in-law. Plus a sock each of the 'Christmas in Tallinn' stocking for the two teachers that went with our school kids to Estonia this past summer. Eight pair in 4 months......have you some helpful hints to keep me on task ;)

Arianwen said...

Wow you have been very busy with all of those socks. I love the cream ones. Did you make the crochet beads? They are lovely.

Jean said...

The socks are fabulous. I love all the colors you chose. I especially like your solid color as I love stitch definition in my socks as well. The photo showing the baby playing with your necklace is so darling. Do share more info on the necklace as I think it would make a great thing to wear around my new little niece.

KnitYoga said...

Gorgeous babe and I love the crocheted bead necklace. You amaze me with your knitting productivity. All those socks! They make for a very pretty picture displayed altogether like that.

Linda said...

Those are lovely knits and the bead necklace is fab!

scj said...

What a wonderful array of socks! As someone who is just on her third pair ever and still getting her head round how it all works I am very impressed. And I love the little person on the quilt!
I have some very nice yarn in a giveaway I am holding this week if you are interested in popping over.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

How cute and gorgeous socks.