30/05/2010

Frilly Crochet

My newly revived interest in crochet is being fuelled by three (!) books by Edie Eckman - The Crochet Answer Book, Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs and Around the Corner Crochet Borders

This is Edie Eckman's Flower Frills Scarf (Ravelry link) , you can buy from Patternfish.

P1040452p

Crocheted with 3.75mm hook

I used very very soft and very very shiny Handmaiden Lace Silk left over from long-ago made shawls in colours Paris (mainly) and Rainforest ( partly).
54" x 1 1/2" excluding the frills.


P1040447p

It's another "scarf" that is great for Summer - can be worn round your neck or as a belt. The lady at my lys kept correcting me when I called it "a scarf" - her word for it is "an adornment".

There are so many variations on this theme using the edgings from the borders book, I can't wait! In the meantime I'm hoping to show you a modelled photo from Katie because she "borrowed" it from me last Wednesday and I won't get it back for ten days or so.

No comments: