20/05/2010

I loved Amanda's English Country Garden motif cal May motif, Hawthorn, so much that I had to divert from my cal colour scheme to make something quickly and in May colours and a bag seemed a good idea. You can't have too many bags - can you?
Here it is

P1040421p

I made 36 motifs with extra centre flower (round 1 of the motif) worked and sewn on to the centres of some.

P1040430p

Can you see the swivel hooks and rings attaching the straps? That is my current favourite way.


P1040425p

Yarns are Natural Dye Studio Unicorn-the pale yellowy one, Dazzle ht-the pink and creamy beige ones and Angel,the sage green. The dark green is Sunshine yarns pure silk shade Moss used double and the filling/joinng rounds are NDS Precious which sets the whole thing off! I used 4mm, 4.5mm and 5mm hooks in an effort to maintain a constant gauge.

P1040418p4

I double lined the bag for strength and also added a rigid bottom to help it hold its shape.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

If you have too many bags you have to move house or extend!
Bags are lovely items to make quickly and with small, precious amounts of materials.
You have made me want to re-visit my crochet skills.
Cheers Gillian