08/08/2006

Colinette Rive Gauche

Here are my finished items so far this holiday.

I am so pleased with this.....



It is knitted on 4mm needles in Colinette Parisienne - the lovely new mohair yarn -70% kid mohair, 30% polyamid. It is so soft and very fine but lovely to knit and the finished feel is wonderful. I did it in colourway Jay 85 which is the colour used in the pattern book. I did the smallest size and short sleeves so it only took 3 hanks I think ( I've got one over and I'm sure I bought the patterns recommended 4).

I shall be knitting more of the designs from the Parisienne pattern book - there's a lovely beaded shrug which will be a very special winter wardrobe addition

Debbie Bliss Lace and Bobble Jacket:




This was knitted for the AY Knitalong. I adapted my version to have short sleeves although they are perhaps still slightly longer than I would have ideally liked.

I did the small size and took 8 balls of DB cotton DK in Lime 20 using 4mm needles. It is modelled by my daughter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi kathryn how are you doing? Your Debbie Bliss Lace and Bobble Jacket is absolutely gorgeous. So far this is the first DB L&B jacket I've seen on blogland. You did a fantastic job.